CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Park City Mini Vacation

At the last minute, my parents were able to secure two of their timeshares in Park City this week. Mallory, Hayley, Brittney and I went up Wednesday morning and stayed until Thursday afternoon. It was such a short trip, but it was soooo nice to get away. I really wish we could have stayed longer but we had other commitments on Tuesday and Thursday nights. The girls were so excited to go and stay in a condo overnight! We stayed at the Marriot Summit Watch Resort which is sooo nice. My parents had two separate units (they were across the plaza from each other--we literally could look inside each other's living room windows across the way) with three king sized beds between the two and three pull out couches! When we arrived on Wednesday morning, we unloaded all our stuff. Mallory, Hayley and Brittney each had their bag of clothes, a backpack of toys, a blanket and their Pillow Pet. We looked like we were staying for a whole week instead of just overnight! I guess I didn't pack very lightly either because I brought a few projects and books to read, just in case I had time (I didn't)! After we dropped all of our things off in the room, we went with my Mom to check out the facilities (the pool, the kids club room, the kids activities, etc.) before we ate lunch. My SIL Tera and her two kiddos, Ella and Ezra, arrived (my youngest sister Becca and her kids, Chloe and Wesley, were already there--they were lucky and able to stay the entire week with my parents). While Ella and Ezra tried to take a nap, Mallory, Hayley and Wesley fingerpainted! They had so much fun!

Later, we took the kids swimming and they had a blast! I made Mallory, Hayley and Brittney all wear the life jackets the entire time unless they were in the hot tub or when I worked with them on their swimming one-on-one! The pool was a lot warmer than I thought it would be! We stayed at the pool for about 2 hours before it was time to shower and get ready for dinner. At dinnertime, Aleece and John and their kids: Kaitlin, A.J., and Arika arrived as well as my sister Leslie and her kids Conner and Griffin. We had quite the house full for dinner but we had a great time just being together!

We didn't end up going to bed until almost 11 p.m.! Mallory and Hayley had staked out the window seats as their beds when we first arrived. Brittney and I slept in the fold out couch with Conner, A.J. and Kaitlin on the floor in the living room! It took the cousins awhile to settle themselves down so they could go to sleep!

On Thursday, we ate breakfast, got ready and headed to a park down the road. We all played there until my girls and I dashed back to the condo to grab and stuff, eat a sandwich and get on the road home!

It was such a nice mini-vacation! I so wish we could have stayed longer--I never got the chance to head to the outlets shopping!! Maybe next time!!

Hayley and Brittney fingerpainting


Mallory and Wesley--Wesley LOVES red!


Britt Bee


Hayley hanging out in the hot tub!


Mallory lounging in the hot tub!


Ella


Dad, Aleece and lots of the kids going for a walk on the plaza between our rooms!


Conner, Mallory, Aleece, Kaitlin, Brittney, Wesley, A.J., Dad and Hayley (on Grandpa's shoulders)


Mallory's Window Seat bed--with a very HEAVY blanket


Connor and A.J. on the floor in front of the fireplace


Hayley and Kaitlin--the best little cousin friends!


Brittney gets to sleep with MOM!! Lucky girl!!


Brittney, Mallory, A.J. Kaitlin, Conner, Chloe, Wesley (hiding in the back of the stroller), Arika and Hayley under THE SHOE TREE in Park City on the trail to the park


Mallory at the Musical Park (they were lots of wood and metal things with sticks to bang on--very creative!)


Hayley playing some pieces of wood!


Ella--what a cutie!!


Brittney went in search of her own sticks!!


Hayley swinging at the park


Brittney hanging on for dear life!


Wes flying through the air with Becca ready to catch him!


Brittney digging in the sand


No comments: