CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Thirty Something Birthday

This morning, I woke up and made lunches and got Scott off to work. As soon as Mallory, Hayley and Brittney woke up, they made me go get back in bed. They have secretly been planning to make me breakfast in bed all week for my birthday (I kindof heard their plans on more than one occasion--they don't always use a whisper voice;)). I jumped back in bed so they could serve me my breakfast in bed!! They were so funny to listen to as they prepared my special breakfast! After about 5-7 minutes, they brought me a small cookie sheet with a bowl of Oreo Ice Cream and a glass of red Kool-Aid that they had made. After delivering my tray, they all scurried downstairs to dish themselves up a bowl of ice cream too! (I'm sure there teachers at school had second thoughts about my mothering skills when my girls went to school and announced they had ice cream for breakfast!!) Mallory, Hayley and Brittney all joined me on my bed to eat our bowls of ice cream for breakfast! They also brought me a box of 20-30 pictures and cards they had made for me throughout the week! I am so lucky to have such three wonderful little girls who made my birthday so memorable!


I really didn't do anything on my birthday that I normally do (like laundry, dishes and cleaning--I saved it for the next day). I watched "The Biggest Loser" episode from the night before while Brittney was at preschool and read a book for awhile too. I received many "Happy Birthday's" from friends and family on Facebook. I have wonderful friends that dropped by little gifts that made turning Thirty Something not quite so bad!!

I also received the beautiful family pictures we had taken in November for my birthday!! I love them and am so glad they are part of my birthday gift!!


Scott brought home an ice cream cake on Friday night for an additional day of my birthday celebration!!


Me, in bed, eating my wonderful breakfast of Oreo Ice Cream and red Kool-Aid (You have to love the "I just woke up 20 minutes ago" look)


My tray!! (I really ought to scrub that cookie sheet!)


Hayley and I eating our ice cream



Hayley loves the idea of eating ice cream for breakfast



Brittney and Mallory taking a picture of my Birthday Cake with their own cameras


Brittney, Mallory and Hayley taking pictures with their own cameras!!

So silly!!




No comments: