CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday: Gethsemane Song - Stories of Jesus





Sacrament Meeting today was wonderful! The music was beautiful and the testimony's shared were powerful!! Our beautiful neighbor, Grace (who is 11 years old and one of my girls most favorite babysitters) sang this song "Gethsemane" today!! WOW! Grace has a beautiful voice and this song is so simple, yet so powerful and profound!

Here are the words to the song:

GETHSEMANE
by Roger and Melanie Hoffman

Jesus climbed the hill
to the garden still
His steps were heavy and slow
Love and a prayer, took Him there
to the place only He could go

Gethsemane
Jesus loves me
so He went willingly
to Gethsemane

He felt all that was sad
wicked or bad
all the pain we would ever know
While His friends were asleep
He fought to keep
His promise made long ago

Gethsemane
Jesus loves me
so He went willingly
to Gethsemane

The hardest thing that ever was done
The greatest pain that ever was known
The biggest battle that ever was won
This was done by Jesus
The fight was won by Jesus

Gethsemane
Jesus loves me
so He gave His gift to me
in Gethsemane

Gethsemane
Jesus loves me
so He gives His gift to me
from Gethsemane








As Grace sang, my heart was full! The line "so He gave it willingly" hit me pretty hard. Jesus Christ willingly gave His life for me--for all my weaknesses, shortcomings, sins, heartaches and pains. He suffered willingly for me because Heavenly Father asked Him to atone for my sins. Jesus Christ was 100% obedient to His Father's will! I wish I was as obedient as Jesus Christ!




I am surrounded by such wonderful family and friends! I couldn't ask for anything more. Our next door neighbor bore his testimony today about Jesus Christ today too! Nathan is a great young man!!




I heard such powerful testimonies of Jesus Christ today. A friend, Amy, reminded me that Jesus Christ already paid the price for my sins and I need to be willing to allow Him to heal me! I cannot express in words the feelings I felt and the things that touched my heart today!




Our Bishop, Bishop Barnett (my other next door neighbor--see I told you I was surrounded by great and wonderful people) challenged us to ponder the following questions:


1- What has Jesus Christ done for me?


2-What have I done for Him?


3- What am I doing for Jesus Christ?




I wrote the following in my little notebook at church today:


We knew and loved each other before this life. We cannot do it on our own. We need one another. Jesus Christ loved us enough to do the Father's will. Jesus Christ freed me from death and sin. The Atonement of Jesus Christ does heal. Jesus Christ can do His work! I am so lucky to have the knowledge and testimony I have!




Bishop Barnett read Isaiah 53:3-5 which says,

"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." (Isaiah 53:3-5)




I have a testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know He lives! I know He loves me! I know He is my Savior and my Redeemer! My heart if full!!

No comments: