CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

General Conference

I was so excited for General Conference!!! I've been thinking a lot lately about my kids, my role as a mother and wife, and just feeling overwhelmed wondering if I'm doing a good job and what else I can and should be doing. As I listened to General Conference, there were 10 talks over the two days that talked about teaching children, being a mother, being a wife, etc!!! I took tons of notes and I can't wait for the Ensign to come to review the messages.

I so loved Sister Julie Beck's talk (I've loved every talk I've heard her give--they ALWAYS hit home!!). I love how she spoke of personal revelation and how I need to use it more in my life. I need to have Heavenly Father's help to prioritize the tasks I need to accomplish each day. She talked about the importance of daily scripture study and prayer. She talked about writing down the impressions we receive throughout the day (I need to do this!!) so we can act on those impressions!!

Elder Ballard's talk to the Mothers and Daughters of the Church was excellent too! He talked a lot about the word "Nurture". I am going to study this word more in depth. Nurturing is my role as a mother as stated in "The Family: A Proclamation to the World". He talked about learning from our own mother's example. I asked my own Mom, last night, after our Easter Egg Hunt, how she had soo much patience with 8 kids and didn't lose her temper! Her comment was along the lines that she always felt like she was always losing her temper and yelling and she wondered why we didn't remember it--I guess I forgot!

President Eyring spoke of building faith in our children and strengthening them while they are young. The big thing I need to do more often is the help my daughters feel and recognize the Holy Ghost! I also need to be a good example to them!!

Elder Bednar's talk was excellent! Sister Lant's talk brought hope! Elder Hales talk reminded me that I am serving others every day--in my own home--and that is where service is the greatest! And Elder Anderson's talk about teaching our children the stories of Jesus --"Tell me the stories of Jesus".

Conference was wonderful! My testimony was strengthened and my resolve to be better and do better has been strengthened! My prayers were answered and I know Heavenly Father spoke personally to me throughout the conference so I would know what I need to do to be better and to help my family--my husband and my daughters--to be better!

No comments: