CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

OUR LITTLE ENVIRONMENTALIST

Mallory and her friend Morgan were playing at our house this afternoon. Mallory came and asked me for some tape and I watched as she and Morgan went and posted this sign on the light post in front of our house.

A little while later, I was looking for them because Morgan needed to head home and I saw them down the street with the wagon. When they got back home I asked what they were doing. They were out picking up litter. I snapped a picture of them emptying the litter they found into the garbage can. I had them go in the house and wash up before sending Morgan home.



I was thinking about what spurred this idea in their heads. On the way to Yuba Lake earlier, the girls were looking at a few books we brought along for the trip. One of the books we had was "Fancy Nancy--Every Day is Earth Day". I read it aloud to the girls and maybe that book got Mallory thinking a little. Hopefully she doesn't go tooo GREEN and get mad at us--we have a lot we could change to be more Environmentally conscience at our house--it would be a good change though!!


If you haven't read any "Fancy Nancy" books, you need to! They are cute, cute books and they teach lots of great new vocabulary words!!

2 comments:

alananddanielle said...

Cute girls! That's awesome, maybe we should read that book at our house!

Emily said...

I know...Morgan kept talking about driving past to see if that sign was still up. Every time she plays at your house she ends up doing something creative/constructive. Thanks for helping me raise my daughter! :)