CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dishing out Consequences

Well, Mallory, Hayley and Brittney all received a consequence for not listening last night. I called them into the house about 5 times to come get in the tub and to get ready for bed (who wants to listen to that on a Friday night???). When they finally came in I told them I would think of a big job for them to do for me tomorrow (that's one of my new takes on consequences--putting them to work--especially when I can't think of a consequence to fit the crime). When they woke up, I told them they were going to help me clean out the fridge. I didn't take any before pictures (they would have been too scary) but I did take a few of the girls cleaning and washing the fridge. They unloaded the fridge, dried all the shelves and drawers, washed out the fridge and help put everything back together. It is so nice to have a nice, clean fridge! Thanks girls!!
(They thought the whole project was fun and they just offered to clean Grandpa Ropelato's fridge for him too!! Does it count as a consequence if they have fun doing it? I kept telling them that someday they were going to have a fridge of their own to clean out and they needed to learn how to do it!)









1 comment:

alananddanielle said...

Nice...Way to use a consequence to your advantage as well, gonna have to try that one. Maybe the fridge at our house since that's something that seems impossible for me to get to.