CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


Ok- I totally got spoiled on Mother's Day this year! Scott bought me an iPhone 3GS! We haven't owned a cell phone in almost 6 years and Scott went out and got me the nicest one on the market! My goodness--this thing does everything!! I have a ton to learn! Scott couldn't wait until Mother's Day to give it to me. I guess he bought it on Wednesday (the 5th) and he called me at 8:15 a.m. on Friday (the 7th). (On a side note: 8:15 in the morning is pretty busy at our house because I'm trying to get everybody ready to leave to take Mallory to school--getting hair done, breakfast, backpack packed, etc.-- a pretty hectic time.) He told me to go over by the computer because he wanted me to check on something for him. I told him the computer wasn't turned on yet and I asked if he wanted to wait while it booted up or if he wanted to call back in 5 minutes. He kept telling me to go over by the computer. I could hear this "New" noise and I couldn't figure out what it was. Scott kept asking me what the noise was and I kept telling him I had no idea. Finally, he had to tell me to look on top of the bookshelf on the computer desk and there was my phone, just a ringing because Scott kept calling it!


I am now up-to-date technologically in the Cell Phone Department. The Young Single Adults have given Scott and I such a hard time about not having a cell phone. We held out for a long time. I'm really glad I have one because I worry about the kids not being able to get a hold of us if there was a problem at school or when we aren't home. Now I have to learn how to use it!! I have no idea how to send a text message or what an app is but I'm sure I will learn quickly!!
The girls all made cards for me in Primary today that were so sweet! Mallory planted a sunflower for me at school and wrote a nice card. Hayley made me a key chain at preschool with a cute card too!
We went to Scott's mom's house for the annual pizza party and then to my Grandma Peterson's to meet up with my mom.
It turned out to be a wonderful day! I am so blessed and lucky to be called "Mother", "Mom", "Mommy" and "Mama"! I used to totally dread Mother's Day when I was in my 20's before I became a mother! I have three beautiful daughters that want so bad to do what is right and to make Heavenly Father and Jesus happy! They all love to learn and they want to make me happy! I am so lucky!!!

No comments: