CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 11, 2010

Potty Training

Ok- so I decided since we have nowhere we really need to go today or tomorrow that we would stay home and teach Brittney to go potty on the toilet all the time (she has gone several times when she first wakes up in the morning and also right before getting in the tub at night). I still can't believe we might actually not have a child in diapers--it's been over 6 years of continuous diapers (and we've had two in diaper for quite awhile too). Too bad I just bought another case of diaper's at Sam's Club two weeks ago and I just opened it!!

I stress so much about potty training with Mallory. I bought "Elmo's Potty Time" DVD and we borrowed "Potty Time for Girls" DVD from the Library. I bought a Potty Patty doll along with bottles and training panties to make the doll go potty on the toilet. I bought the book "Potty Training in One Day" and I devoured it--I'm pretty sure I read it twice before I even started potty training Mallory. The night before the big day with Mallory, I reread the book and took notes so I would know exactly what to say and what to do to teach her to go potty. I bought lots of little treats and candies and lots of yummy drinks for Mallory so she would need to go potty. It all worked out and after two days so was pretty much doing great.

Hayley wanted to go potty by herself when she was just 27 months old! I kept trying to hold her back because Brittney was just one month old and Potty Training was the last thing I wanted to do with a newborn. Well, Hayley kept insisting and finally I reread my book and the next morning I stuck panties on her. We brought out Potty Patty and went through the steps and she pretty much trained herself.

Well, with Brittney, I didn't pull out my book. I didn't get Potty Patty out of the basement, we just kind of talked about things, put panties on her and we went to the bathroom every hour or so. Brittney was so proud of herself! I didn't buy any special treats or anything this time either and things still worked ! She was so excited and we called a friend or family member each time she went today! She did so good! It was nice that it rained pretty much all day so we were in the house and close to home! We'll see what tomorrow brings!!

Here's Brittney--so proud of herself!!

1 comment:

alananddanielle said...

YAY BRITTNEY! WAY TO GO! WE'RE PROUD OF YOU.