CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 14, 2010

Talks and more Talks

Well, the past few weeks have been kind of crazy!! A few weeks ago, Nicole Mills (she is my visiting teacher and is in the Relief Society Presidency in our ward) called and asked if I would speak at our Ward Mini Women's Conference. She asked me to speak on prayer and scripture study-- well wouldn't you know that is what I have been working on and need improvement in. Yes, I pray and I read my scriptures but I know I can do more. Sometimes it feels I am just going through the motions. I told Nicole I would do it all the while feeling very inadequate!! I worked on my talk and did a lot of study and prayer so I would know what Heavenly Father wanted me to say. My thoughts kept going to Sister Beck's talk from Women's Conference at BYU in May. I decided to use it as the basis of my talk. Things really came together nicely in my planning! I went and bought the new Book of Mormon Institute and Seminary manuals to display. They are such great resources to study the scriptures with. I plan to use them in my study!!

Our ward Women's Conference was on Tuesday, June 8th. Well, on Sunday, the 6th, Brother Trommlitz called and asked me to speak in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday the 13th and take 15 minutes. You can't say no so I said "yes". I was given the topic of "recognizing the power of the Holy Ghost" which is also the theme for Primary this month. Well, Sunday night I started to feel very overwelmed!!! I decided to focus on my Relief Society talk for Tuesday and then use the rest of the week to prepare my Sacrament Meeting talk.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: