CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 12, 2015

A little post written by our Sister-in-Law Dawn Ropelato

Today, I read my sister-in-law's blog post on her blog. She entitled it "Feeling the Spirit". She wrote about Brittney's baptism on Saturday and I wanted to preserve the memory on my own blog so I totally cut and pasted what she wrote (I asked permission first).

FEELING THE SPIRIT
I know I don't always post about everyone's baptism but I had many thoughts today and wanted to share.  Today Brittney was the only child being baptized but the Chapel was almost as full as it is on Sundays.  There were so many family and friends there to show their love and support to Brittney and her family.  I felt the spirit so strong just walking in the Chapel.  Most of my kids were there and the few that weren't were working.  I love how supportive our family is...even extended family.  I felt the spirit a few more times before Brittney was actually baptized....I love feeling the spirit and having it testify to me that things are true and right.  When Scott was ready to baptize his baby the spirit over came him and filled the entire room where everyone was tightly together.  It was awesome watching Scott perform this sacred ordinance.

I had been thinking of Scott lately and a few times I was able to be there for him.  One time when Scott was single and lived by himself he got really sick.  I can't remember what was wrong but he came and stayed at our house so that I could help him.  I know I didn't do much for him but it sure made me feel good that he trusted me to come to our house.  I do remember him calling my name during one of the nights because he was experiencing heart burn or something like that.  I do think I knew what to do and how to help him that time.  It was a privilege to me to take care of Scott.  Then when Scott and Erin were married he asked me if I would sit in the "mother" chair that was reserved for his mom since Donna hadn't been endowed.  I was so honored to be there for him.  I love Scott and his darling little family.  I met Scott when he was still little and have watched him grown into an awesome man.

Scott was just called to serve as the Bishop of his ward a few weeks ago.  That calling says a lot about a person and I will have him and his family in my prayers because it is not an easy calling at all. I know Erin and his girls will be very supportive because they are all so wonderful.  Erin has had many leadership callings and has been prepared to support her hubby.  They will all do a good job because they always strive to do what is right and they are a close family. 

Our family sure does love this family.  We enjoyed camping with them at Cherry Hills a few years back and we also enjoy having them join us for our Thanksgiving Celebrations.   I love their cute girls who all love taking care of the little babies and are really good at sports.  Fun Family!

***there was a little discussion in Scott's back yard of the proper way to say Ropelato.  I have always thought it was funny that it is pronounced differently by the family. ☺

No comments: