CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 23, 2015

The Little Things

This beauty came in the mail today! January cannot get her soon enough so I can use my new planner. When I was in high school, I carried a Franklin Planner with me everywhere I went. It was my life! I used it almost hourly to write where I need to be and when, what assignments I had and when they were due, and everything I needed to accomplish! I love getting a new planner filler each year for Christmas from my parents. I was very busy in high school and my Franklin Planner helped me stay on top of everything. I used a Franklin Planner all through high school, college, my first years teaching kindergarten and for several years after Scott and I were married. Scott talked me into trying a Palm Pilot for a few years and I hated not seeing exactly what was written (there was a little dot on the calendar that I needed to click to see what I had going on but it didn't give me a good overview of my day, week, etc.).
The past 7 or 8 year I have been using a desk calendar. For years, my desk calendar hung on our fridge so the entire family knew what was going on. Many people have told me I need to use the calendar on my phone. I tried it for awhile but found it wasn't working for me-- I still wanted to see a physical layout of my day, week and month. I have found over the past few years that I needed a planner I could put in my purse and also have it lie open on my desk. Sometimes I have been away from home and I schedule dentist appointments or haircuts, just to get home and realize I have double booked myself--then I have to call and reschedule something. Well, I have been looking at this planner for a year or so and I finally bit the bullet and bought one. It is a Mormon Mom Planner (http://mormonmomplanner.blogspot.com/). I am excited to use it because everything will be in on spot!! There is a monthly spread and weekly spreads. There is a planning page each month just to plan Family Home Evening Lessons too! There is a place to record my monthly visiting teaching and a place to menu plan each month plus areas to set goals for the month, make to do lists and even plan birthday parties. There is a space to write the Sunday School lesson for the week and Relief Society Lessons (or Primary or Young Women--depending on your current calling). Anyway, I am very excited for my new planner. I haven't written anything in it yet-- I need to start adding birthdays and things on a day when my handwriting is good so it still looks pretty! haha

(I was not compensated at all to write this blog post--I am just sharing my excitement!)

No comments: