CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

First Snowfall of the Season

Today was quite the day! We woke up early to get ready to go to Kevin's Homecoming and snow was falling everywhere! Mallory and Hayley were soooo excited for the snow! We left pretty early so we could get a SOFT seat at church in Hooper. When we arrived, there were only about 5 other families in the chapel--we totally had our pick of seats (and yes, we did get a SOFT bench)! Kevin's talk was wonderful! I especially loved it when he threw in a Spanish word or two here and there because I could totally understand him (yes, even after 12 years of being home from my mission--WOW time flies).

After Kevin's homecoming, we walked out to the truck and there was 5 or 6 inches of snow that had fallen in the 1 1/2 hours we were in the church. We went over to Larry and Dawn's and Scott helped the girls and I into the house (he then took off for his meetings with the Young Single Adults). We ate lunch and visited for awhile before I packed the girls up and we were on our way again.

We headed over to Larry and Diane Davis' home. Brother Davis was the Branch President of the Hooper 9th Branch were Scott and I met. He and his wife just returned from a mission to New Zealand. I didn't even try to go to their sacrament meeting because it was right after Kevin's. I knew my 3 little girls WOULD NOT make it happily through two sacrament meetings (and I knew Scott would not be there to help on the second one) so we just went to their house afterwards. It was still really snowy and icy and we made it to the Davis home and I was able to get all three girls and myself in the house without anyone falling (plus a bowl of Chocolate Chip Cookies). I was so glad we went!! I was able to see several friends which I have not seen for many, many years!

We loaded up again and this time we headed for home so Brittney could have her nap. Mallory and Hayley wanted to go outside sooo bad and build a snowman. I had to convince them we would go out after Brittney woke up because they (and I) needed a little quiet time. When Brittney woke up, we all got bundled up and headed outside. Brittney was not content to sit in her stroller and watch us build a snowman, she had to sit on the ice, cold cement and eat snow!!
Brittney eating snow!!! YUM! YUM!

Brittney, Mallory and Hayley eating snow! YUM! YUM!

Scott arrived home from church just as we were getting started on our snowman. He made it outside just in time to start piling our snowman together!


Mr. Snowman Ropelato



Erin, Hayley and Mallory



Hayley, Scott and Mallory

No comments: