CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy 40th Birthday Scott!!!!

TUESDAY
Today I took Scott some doughnuts to work for his birthday (I took plenty so he could share with everyone). I have been warned and forewarned on several occasions to NEVER, I repeat NEVER, to make a big deal of Scott's birthday to anyone. One year I teased him that I would go to work and decorate his toolbox with lots of balloons and streamers for his birthday and I totally got the look and lecture of death--so I have never done anything at work for his birthday. So, this year, being his 40th Birthday, I thought I should do SOMETHING. I came up with the doughnut idea and I didn't receive the LOOK or LECTURE OF DEATH (so far so good--maybe next year I can do a little more--hum???).

Scott decided he wanted to go camping one last time this year for his birthday. We repacked the trailer and had everything ready (that I could do) when Scott got home from work. We made reservations at Crystal Hot Springs up in Honeyville and it took us about an hour and 15 minutes or so to get there--we didn't arrive until 10:30 p.m. Unfortunately, I hadn't really studied the campground map very well on-line before we left so it took us about 20 minutes to find the camp site we had reserved (this search involved Scott getting out of the truck, hiking around the premises with a little dinky flashlight). Scott wasn't a very happy camper when we finally drove to our campsite (there were two or three other trailers in the whole 115 site campground)!!!


Mallory, Hayley, Brittney and I did the final preparations of a little birthday party for Scott when we arrived at our campsite while Scott was out stablizing the trailer (or whatever he has to do). We hid balloons in the shower and a chocolate cake in the oven before leaving home and we strung a "Happy Birthday" banner in the trailer. (If you look at the clock on the wall, it was really 11:20 p.m. when we were setting up the Birthday Party!!)

Decorating

Scott getting ready to open his birthday present.




Opening Present #1--a new flashlight set (this really would have come in handy about 45 minutes earlier!!!) (A little side note: about one week ago Scott was trying to fix something in the dark and made a quick comment about how all he wanted for his birthday was a flashlight that #1 Worked and #2 One he could find--I did hear the comment and I got the hint--we found a Maglit set with a big flashlight and a small one with a mounting bracket so he can hang it in the garage so he can ALWAYS find it--as long as he puts it back!!!!)
Scott was grateful for such a USEFUL gift!!!
Scott also received some new Levi's (he gets new Levi's every year--Sorry for such a boring gift--but they are always so needed!!)

Hayley and the balloons


WEDNESDAY
We went for a walk/bike ride/wagon ride around the campground after breakfast and had some fun picture taking moments and a lot of good laughs!




Mallory and Hayley dancing on the tables




Erin, Brittney, Scott and Hayley (picture taken by Mallory--I cut out all the grass on the hill)

Hayley riding down the steep hill on her bike



Mallory cruisin down the hill



Hayley--HERE SHE COMES!!


Scott and Brittney coastin down the hill (Notice the look of sheer terror in Brittney's eyes and the knuckle white grip on the wagon!!)



After our walk, we went down to the Hot Pools. We stayed in the pool that was about 96 degrees--we poked our hands in the hotter pools and they were way too hot!! Here's Mallory drinking her juice (I was really worried about dehydration so I made everyone drink ALOT!)




Hayley and her RED cheeks


Brittney playing "Peek-A-Boo" with Scott
We had a great, relaxing day!! All was going so well until WEDNESDAY NIGHT! At around 10:45 Hayley woke up and was sick and throwing up. Then about 30 minutes later I was up and sick! We had the STOMACH FLU and it was not good! I haven't felt that sick in a LONG, LONG time. We headed home Thursday morning (as planned) at 8:15 a.m. so we could get Mallory to her Preschool Halloween party.

2 comments:

Starley Family said...

Happy Belated!!! Umm...very belated! Sorry we didn't hook up while we were home. It seemed like we blinked and we were home again...Merry Christmas!

The Peterson's said...

Your 40!!!! Where have we been... We didn't even give you a hard time... Oh well you will get it at 41...
David and Tera