CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Savior of the World

Tonight, the Bishopric took the youth to the “Savior of the World” musical in Salt Lake in the Conference Center Theater. (A few weeks ago, right after Scott was called to be the bishop, he felt strongly that he needed to take the youth to see this musical--luckily one of the YW leaders was able to call and get 40 tickets.) Scott had me come to the church with him with snacks and to be on standby in case there was an extra ticket. Luckily there were three extra tickets and I was able to go (I was praying there would be--a little, silly prayer was answered!!!).

Scott and I went many years ago with the Young Single Adults and another time by ourselves. I remember it being a powerful production and it was again! It was amazing! What was even more amazing was Elder Dallin H. Oaks and his wife and one of their children and spouse and three grandchildren were there also. They were seated just 4 rows ahead of where we sat and 2 rows ahead of our Beehives. It was a totally different feel with him there. The parts all about the apostles needing to share their witness of Jesus Christ was powerful because you felt and knew Elder Oaks has that same calling. I am so glad Scott has a strong testimony of our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, Thomas S. Monson and the 12 Apostles so he can testify of them also because he has that opportunity all the time in our ward.

“Savior of the World” was powerful! It really helped me have more of the true spirit of Christmas—which I am striving to create in my home and in the hearts of our girls. Hopefully, they can catch a small bit of this spirit over the coming weeks. I loved the song throughout the musical (the lyrics change a little for each section of His life), “Come, Lord Jesus come”, “come to the manger” and several others (I wish I would have written a few things down during the musical—I was just trying to feel the Spirit of it—which I did very strongly). It was a great night! I feel so blessed I was able to go!

I just found the lyrics online for the opening song: "Come, Lord Jesus" (the entire script can be found online at: https://www.lds.org/callings/music/savior-of-the-world?lang=eng


Come, Lord Jesus, to the manger;

May we see Thy tender face?
Great Creator, here a stranger,
Infant in this humble place.
Darkness scatter, morning swell;
Come, dear Lord Immanuel.
Come, Lord Jesus, to the manger;
Come, Lord Jesus, come.


Another hymn "Jesus, Once of Humble Birth", (just the accompanyment) was played several times throughout the production. The words of the first verse of this hymn kept running through my mind--beautiful and powerful!

Jesus, once of humble birth,
Now in glory comes to earth.
Once he suffered grief and pain;
Now he comes on earth to reign.
Now he comes on earth to reign.



(We need to get tickets to take the girls next year -- or brave the cold and see if we could get in while waiting in a standby line). 

No comments: