CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Lyden's Baby Blessing

Lydnen's baby blessing today was beautiful. We were so glad we were able to go to go to Lehi and share her special day. Sarah and Trent's ward meets from 2:30-5:30 p.m.We attended two full church blocks today! Right before Sacrament Meeting started, Sarah asked if Aleece and I could fill in for my mom and write down Lynden's blessing-- well I can't do shorthand like mom so I wrote as fast as I could phrases from her blessing 

The girls were excited because they were able to go to class with cousins. Hayley, Kaitlin, and Kortney all went with Paeten (and that isn't even including all the boys who went with them).  While in Relief Society, I was asked if I was Sarah's mom lol. I guess the lady behind me saw all the white/gray streaks in my hair and thought I must be Sarah's mom. I think she realized things as soon as I turned around. She might have been a little embarrassed. I just thought it was funny! I told her I was Sarah's older sister (only by 7 years) and that our Mom and Dad were on a mission in Africa and that this was our Grandma, Betty Wood, sitting next to me. (I have had a few of those open mouth and insert foot experiences so I didn't take anything to heart--it was just humorous!)

After church, Sarah had reserved the park pavillion behind their home for a dinner. It was a great way to break the fast and eat yummy food. Trent smoked some yummy meat and their were plenty of desserts. We really enjoyed spending time together and talking with family and Trent's family. We watched David biff it trying out a hoverboard and falling on his keester too. Grandma Wood was able to come with us which was good. We were happy to see Rachael and Klint and their family up from Cedar City and we missed seeing Leslie and Doug and Rebecca and Joe and their families plus my Mom and Dad were definitely missed.

No comments: