CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

2nd Ice Fishing Trip of 2016

The girls didn't have school again today because of a teacher work day! Scott took half the day off week so we could go ice fishing together again. This time, we left early in the morning (6:30 a.m.). We went to Rockport again! 

We got everything set up and we waited, and waited, and waited for the fish to come. Every once in a while a fish would show up on the fish finder but we missed them. Scott, Mallory and Brittney left our little ice fishing shack to go look for more fertile fishing areas! I was sitting in my chair in the corner, resting my eyes when Hayley started yelling that Brittney's pole was moving. Since I was closest to the pole, I started reeling it in. The whole time Hayley was screaming for Scott to hurry -- I'm not sure how far away Scott was, but I know the whole lake new we had a fish! I was able to reel in a pretty nice Rainbow Trout on Brittney's pole. Fred, the fish, was pretty lively! We tried to catch other fish but didn't have any luck. We had a great morning!

Brittney tending her pole

Mallory hanging out by her pole

Hayley hanging out

Brittney and I with Fred (I'm holding the lucky pole)
Hayley pulling the sled with all our equipment by herself-- pretty amazing--it's really heavy!


Tuckered out on the way home

Mallory trying to cover eyes so it's dark enough to sleep

No comments: