CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A Simple Prayer Answered

What Julie's vacuum looks like
Today I cleaned the house. I got everything cleaned but vacuuming. The other day, I cut all the hair and stuff off the vacuum roller and since then I could’t get the roller to move. I had told Scott about it but I always told him when it was not a convenient time for him to check it out. I fiddled with our vacuum for about 10 minutes with no luck. As I looked around the house, I thought, “Man, I really need to vacuum and then I can say the house is clean’. I decided to go ask Julie if I could borrow her vacuum. She, more than willingly, let me borrow her vacuum. 

I started vacuuming and when I got to Mallory’s room, I ran over a bobby pin (I couldn’t see it in the carpet). Julie’s vacuum was making a noise and I could tell a bobby pin was stuck somewhere. (I do not like borrowing things for this specific reason). I turned the vacuum off and unplugged it and turned it over to see if I could free the bobby pin. The bobby pin could not be seen. As I manually turned the roller, I could hear it click with every turn. I decided to get a screw driver and I took off the bottom plate of the vacuum—I still couldn’t see the bobby pin but I could still hear it. There were other things I could unscrew but I wasn't about to take the motor out- since I'm not handy putting things back together (hence my predicament with my own vacuum). In my mind I was wondering how I was going to tell Julie I broke her vacuum and how I was going to tell Scott we needed to buy Julie a new vacuum plus get us a new one. 

I put the bottom back on Julie’s and was just about ready to go talk to Julie. Right before I went out the front door, I stopped and decided to say a prayer. I told Heavenly Father about my little predicament and I apologized for praying over a little insignificant thing such as a vacuum. I ended my prayer and thought, plug the vacuum in one more time and turn it on. As I turned the vacuum on, I heard a swoosh sound right up the hose and the clicking noise from the bobby pin was gone!!!! I got all teary eyed realizing how instantly Heavenly Father had answered my prayer. I had tried all I felt I could do to resolve the problem and when I didn’t know what else to do I prayed and He answered that little prayer!! I had to take a minute to say another prayer of gratitude and acknowledging that Heavenly Father had indeed answered my prayer—it wasn’t by chance that the bobby pin was unstuck. 

Later, I was able to share my little prayer experience with Mallory, Hayley and Brittney on the way home from school (Mallory’s eyes were pretty wide as I was telling the beginning of the story since she knew it was her bobby pin she had just thrown on the floor), I also told Scott about it and I told Julie about how I prayed for her vacuum.  It was a good little experience that I need to remember—Heavenly Father does care about the little things in our lives--nothing is too insignificant to pray over!!

I also had a totally clean house for about 15 minutes since I finished just in time to get the girls from school!

No comments: