CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Scott's Cow Elk Hunt


Scott went Elk Hunting with his nephews Justin, Dave and Marc. I think they are pretty crazy to go when it is sooo cold but they said they had a great time. They stayed in tents, on air mattresses (which turn into ice cubes when it's freezing outside--just in case you didn't know) with a Mr. Heater to keep them warm (which they had to change the propane bottle every hour during the night). After the first night of freezing to death, they all headed down to Springville and Scott purchased a new sleeping bag for my Christmas present (woo hoo) which is good down to 30 below zero (I don't think I will ever intentionally go camping when it is that cold outside--I like my warm trailer toooo much!!).

Scott and Justin were able to fill the two elk tags they had for the hunt. Scott will have to fill in more details when he gets a minute. Here are a few pictures from the hunt (I left the really graphic ones out)



1 comment:

Emily said...

I didn't know that Scott went hunting this year. :) I'll have to tell Chance. He'll find this post verrrrrrry interesting.