CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

14 Days of Valentine's

I started a new Valentine's Day tradition this year (I heard about this at a Relief Society class several years ago on making holidays more memorable and I kept forgetting to do it--but I finally remembered I wanted to do it this year). I am doing the 14 Days of Valentine's for Scott, Mallory, Hayley and Brittney. Each morning since February 1st I have left a little treat or gift for each person along with a personalized note of why I love them. It has been so much fun!! Each morning the girls run downstairs to the kitchen table to see what I have left at their spot on the table! They are so cute because they run to wherever I am to say "Thank you Mom"! Each morning before Scott goes to work, each of the girls want him to read them their personal note aloud! They are so cute! They get all smiley and excited as he reads the notes. As soon as Scott leaves for work, they want me to read their note to them again. There have been several mornings that my girls have eaten their treats and then they don't want anything for breakfast (I know I'm a bad mom--it's only 14 days out of the year though!!)!!!


Last night I set out a box of M&M's for Scott and a Valentine Candy Necklace making kit for each of the girls right after they went to bed along with their notes. Five minutes after I got everything set out, Tatiana and Cassie (Young Single Adults) stopped by to drop off our volleyball net they had borrowed. They came in and we ended up sitting around the kitchen table. They saw the girls candy necklace kits and I told Tatiana and Cassie they could have one. They both made necklaces while Scott and I talked to them for several hours. Luckily I had more candy necklace kits to put out for Mallory, Hayley and Brittney.



Here are the girls making their kits today--they did string most of the candy on the necklace before they ate it!


Hayley


Mallory


Brittney

2 comments:

Natalie Ropelato said...

What a fun idea!!! I'm going to have to steal it and do it next year :) Thanks!

alananddanielle said...

Glad your kids are loving it. We love it at our house too! Candy necklaces have got to be the best, especially when you can design your own.