CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mallory's Hero

Sunday at church, MaryLou (a good friend and we're members of the same book club) pulled me over in the hall and asked if I had talked to her daughter Neecha (also the bishop's wife and a member of book club too) about her reading group (Neecha is also Mallory's reading teacher in the Extended Day Kindergarten at school). I told her that I hadn't and she began to tell me what Mallory had announced to her reading group the other day.


Mallory told her reading group that her dad was in the Olympics and he was an ice skater (see I told you we've been watching the Olympics too much!!)!!! Mallory was so proud that her dad was an Olympian!!


I started laughing and it took me a minute to realize where this comment from Mallory was coming from. When we were watching the pairs figure skating last week, Mallory and Hayley were in awe. They asked Scott and I if we could dance and skate like the Olympians on TV. I told them I could barely skate across the ice without falling down. Scott, on the other hand, told the girls that he could skate pretty good on the ponds playing hockey when he was growing up.


So armed with this information, Mallory's dad is her Olympic HERO!!! She wanted to make sure her reading group knew how wonderful her dad is (which he is!!)!!


MaryLou
and I had had a good laugh! A few minutes later, I found Scott and we had another good laugh!!


What a cute girl!! Mallory's daddy can do anything!!!!

1 comment:

alananddanielle said...

WELL SCOTT-I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT YOU. ALAN AND I ARE LAUGHING AT THE THOUGHT OF YOUR AWESOMENESS IN THOSE TIGHT LITTLE OUTFITS THEY WEAR. WOW- WHAT A MULTI-TALENTED FRIEND WE HAVE AND WHO KNEW?