CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Swimming Lessons in February????

Yes! That's right! Mallory and Hayley are doing swimming lessons in February! They took two sessions of swimming lessons in the summer and passed the Preschool Levels 1 and 2 for 3-5 year old's. There is a Preschool Level 3 and I thought I'd better have Mallory take it before she turned 6 next month and was too old for the final class before the Learn to Swim classes (I found out after I signed them up that she didn't have to take level 3 as I had thought). Anyway, we go to swimming lessons this month on Monday and Wednesday nights! Mallory and Hayley aren't in the same class this time (I haven't decided if that's good or bad yet) because there wasn't enough room. They are really enjoying it and are doing pretty good. Monday night (Scott and I were both there), Mallory came to me in the middle of class because she needed to go to the rest room. When I got back, Scott pointed to a lifeguard who was all wet and I guess he had to jump in after Hayley because she had slipped off the step and needed help while her teacher was taking another child in her class out to help them practice swimming. I am so glad the lifeguard was paying attention (I have noticed that they always are--they do their jobs very well). Hayley was fine and she wasn't traumatized or anything! Tonight she did very well staying on the step!!!


Mallory swimming on her back to the side after jumping into the pool to her teacher.

Mallory doing bobs


Hayley's teacher brought goggles for all the kids in her class to wear! Hayley thought they were pretty neat!!

1 comment:

alananddanielle said...

Fun but it makes me cold thinking about swimming right now. BRRRR! Glad they're doing good, you're so on the ball with everything!