CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Very Emotional Sunday

We haven't "officially" said goodbye to my parents yet so this morning was the morning. My mom and dad were planning to take Grandma Peterson to her church in Hooper at 9 a.m.  I told my parents that the girls and I would come down around 10:20 to say goodbye to them before our church at 11. We arrived a little early to Grandma's so we just waited in the truck until they got home. The girls and I helped get Grandma into the house. My mom and dad said they decided they were going to go to Sacrament Meeting with us and then we could say good-bye so they could see Scott also.

We were there while Mom and Dad said goodbye to my Dad's mom- Wanda Peterson (who is 92 years old). Talk about rip your heart out! That's were my tears started. It was an emotional goodbye!

Mom and Dad came to our ward. I was sustained today as the Stake Young Women Assistant Camp Director. When we started singing the sacrament song, things just kind of hit me and hit me hard emotionally. My Mom was sitting right by me so we held hands the rest of the meeting. My mind was all over the place! Boy am I going to miss my parents--things just won't be the same for the next 23 months--but I do know they are doing what the Lord wants them to do-- they are doing what I want them to do and I know we will all be blessed for it!

After Sacrament Meeting, we went into the hall and hugged and said goodbye for real. I was crying, my mom was crying and Scott and my dad were teary! My parents headed up one hallway and I went another way. As I walked by several people, they said something to me about my new calling. I felt like I needed to let them know I wasn't crying because of my calling so I told them I had just said goodbye to my parents who are leaving for Africa tomorrow for two years. As I walked up the other hallway, my parents were at the top of the hall in the restrooms so I ended up hugging my mom again before I just had to leave to go to my class. I walked into my first week of the Marriage and Family Relations Sunday School Class, sat down, and just started sobbing--I just couldn't help it. My friend, Danielle John, got up and came and sat by me and put her arm around me. Just as I was getting control of myself, I looked at the door and my parents walked by for real and I started crying again. Our teacher, Brother Wallace must have thought I was crazy so I hurriedly said, "Sorry, I just said goodbye to my parents who are leaving on their mission for two years." Sister Wallace, who sitting on the other side of me (I am actually related to Sister Wallace-- Anne Greenhaulgh Openshaw is our common grandmother), taped my arm and told me she understood (they got home about a year ago from a mission to Martin's Cove).  I finally got control of myself and was alright the rest of the meeting.

Since today was the 5th Sunday so the bishopric taught each organization, Scott got to teach the adults today! I went in and sat on the back row next to one of my visiting teaching ladies who hasn't been to church for a few weeks. It was good to sit by her. Scott did a very good job-- he started off by talking about the responsibilities of a bishop. He talked about one of his main jobs as the bishop is to be a common judge. He then went through a list of about 15 self-evaluation questions. He ended talking about the fast--something that the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve taught to the Seventy who passed on to the Stake Presidents who taught the bishops who get it to us as members. We aren't utilizing the fast to it's full purpose and potential. Sometimes we are just going hungry for 24 hours. I need to work on the fast personally. I need to make sure I begin my fast with prayer and have a purpose for my fast. It was a great meeting-- Scott did a great job teaching!

No comments: