CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Brittney's Outlaws Indoor Soccer Game

Today Brittney had an indoor soccer game against an all boy team (there were two boys from another Outlaw team that came to play with our six girls). It was a pretty good game.  There was one little boy whom Brittney was guarding most of the game. At one point, she took the ball right out from under him and he fell flat on the ground--it was a foul but the referee didn't call it. Oops! Brittney isn't scared on bit to play against the boys. I am glad she can hold her own!

The score was 2-3 (the other team was ahead) and then it was 2-4 and then 3-4 and then 4-4 in the last minutes of the game. With only about 45 seconds to go in the game, Brittney was passed the ball and she was dribbling up to get a shot (there wasn't anyone else between her and the other goalie). A boy came from behind and fouled Brittney inside the circle so Brittney had a penalty shot with 20 seconds or so left on the clock.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and hurried to take a video as the referee was explaining the procedures for a penalty shot. Scott nor Mallory nor Hayley were able to make it to the game. To myself I thought, I ought to take a video of this, just in case! Boy was I happy I did! Brittney sent the ball right past the goalie and into the corner! I was a little bit excited!




Two hours later, Brittney's coach asked if she could come play in the futsol game since a few girls were missing (we decided not to play futsol right now because we had already committed to indoor and knew we couldn't do both right now timewise). Brittney made a goal in their futsol game too! Brittney is finally having her time for soccer and she loves it!

No comments: