CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 20, 2015

Evening with Elder and Sister Peterson (aka Grandpa and Grandma-- Dad and Mom

Tonight my parents were able to leave the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo to come home for the weekend. Two weeks ago, my dad called to see if there was a night they could come and spend with just our little family. Tonight was the night!

We had smoked turkey, parslied potatoes, rolls, spinach salad and jello for dinner with Chocolate Silk and Banana Cream Pie for dessert. We had our new dinnerware all ready to use too!

We had a very enjoyable evening listening to my parents tell us all about the things they have been learning this week at the MTC. We heard all about their "young" teachers, the other couples in their district, the devotionals, and opportunities to practice what they have been learning about "Preach My Gospel". They had such a celestial spirit with them! My eyes teared up a little as they walked through the front door with their black name tags on. Black Name Tags are a special thing!

We played "Sequence for Kids" with one another and traded off partners. Mallory, Hayley and Brittney taught grandma and grandpa all about how to use their iPads. Not one of us had ever used FaceTime (I have it on my iPhone but never tried to use it), but the girls figured everything out. My parents will be able to FaceTime with us while they are in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

My dad took a minute to share with all of us why they are going to serve a mission. They talked about how much they loved the Lord and wanted to serve Him and to do what He wanted them to do! That is why they are serving a mission. They know our families will all be blessed because of their service. They also want to set an example for all of us! I have wonderful parents who's dreams of serving a mission are becoming a reality. 

(Of the 19 couples at the MTC this week, only 5 couples were serving their first mission-- most were on their 4th or 5th mission-- AMAZING!--That will be my parents in a few years--heading out on their 2nd or 3rd mission.)

This is the only picture we have from this night-- my mom with Brittney taking the selfie!

No comments: