CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 30, 2015

Saying one final "See you later"

I decided this morning to go to the airport to say one final "See you later" to my parents as they left for the Democratic Republic of the Congo Lubumbashi Mission for 23 months. 

They entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo on November 16th but they were able to come home on the weekends and home last week for Thanksgiving. We never ever really said "goodbye" because we knew there were many more times to see them. 

I was so glad I came to the airport even though my parents didn’t want anyone to come. I stopped to pick up Aleece and we rode down together. I’m glad I got most of my tears out on Sunday but I am so glad I came Monday. It was great to have a small group of us there for one last hug and “see you later”. I knew I would have regretted not going.  

My sister Rebecca drove them to their airport along with her two youngest--Chloe and Grady. Leslie was there to help them check all their bags straight to Lubumbashi (Leslie has worked for Delta for about 15 years and knows all the ropes). David and Sarah came also. Leslie, David, Tera, Sarah and Rebecca helped them pack last night--they got one bag exactly at 50.0 pounds--right where it needed to be! My parents checked 5 large suitcases plus they each had a rolling carry-on plus their backpacks, laptop bags and other small bags. My mom made sure she brought a few pounds of chocolate chips and a few American baking supplies with her. She had heard that chocolate chips are $50 for a few pounds!

We took a few pictures, had a few hugs and kisses and cried a bit! It's really happening this time!

(Leslie, Erin, Aleece, Mom, Dad, Sarah, Rebecca and David--we are just missing Jared and Rachael who were there in Spirit--the middle picture was our last look of them as they entered the security checkpoint looking down as we headed to the parking garage)


It's going to be hard not calling my parents whenever I want to talk to them (we can FaceTime with them) or need something or need advise--things won't be quite so instant! I truly have been "born of goodly parents" who taught me the gospel of Jesus Christ, who loved me for who I am and allowed me to learn and grow and become the woman I am today! I am so blessed!! Love them so much! Am missing them so much!


No comments: